--On Thursday, September 25, 2003 20:43:36 -0400 Tom Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

"Donald Fraser" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Nice work, just two comments (1) the C++ comment style (//) is not
portable for C programs and should be changed and (2) the standard way

Fair comment but since it has to be compiled against a valid PosgtreSQL
distribution, which all require GNU compilers,

We have several beta testers who keep us honest on exactly this point; they use compilers that do not take //. Personally I wish gcc could be configured not to have these little non-ANSI-isms ...
Actually, I *THINK* C99 allows // comments, but that's neither here nor there.
Any pre-C99 Non-GCC compiler won't allow it (I'm one of the aforementioned beta
testers, I use the SCO cc (native) compiler on UnixWare)).

-- Larry Rosenman http://www.lerctr.org/~ler Phone: +1 972-414-9812 E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] US Mail: 1905 Steamboat Springs Drive, Garland, TX 75044-6749