ti, 2003-11-11 kello 05:08, David F. Skoll kirjoitti:
> > On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 16:58, Gautam Saha wrote:
> > Hi:
> >
> > Is there a ER diagram tool someone can recommend for PostgreSQL?
>
> DIA isn't too bad:
>
> http://www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia/
>
> This goes from DIA to PostgreSQL:
>
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/dia2postgres/?topic_id=66%2C259%2C916

I think tedia2sql is the best of the breed for dia 2 sql transformations
you can find it from:
http://tedia2sql.tigris.org/

I've used over a year now and I could no longer do without it.

> And this goes in the other direction:
>
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/postgresql_autodoc/?topic_id=66

Postgresql_autodoc is a nice try, I apologize if it has taken a huge
leap since I last took a peek at it but imho it is(was) unusable for
anything more than a few tables when doing diagrams. But it has been
really good for getting html-table-presentations for relations.

I've also looked The Kompanys DA and found it lacking diagrams when
reverse engineering a database but a lot better than anything else I've
tried for postgres on that purpose.

My solution is to keep the diagrams updated so that I don't need reverse
engineering. ;)

Regards,
--
Mauri Sahlberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>