Why not have a static copy of the pg_clog on boot, copy it to a ramdisk
and point Postgres there?

Greg

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
http://www.varlena.com/varlena/GeneralBits/42.php
Regards
Inaki

Thank you Inaki for the direction,

This is the interesting part :

--> log file -- this can be directed to /dev/null --> There are ways to stop the writing to the log file and pgstat.stat, but pg_clog cannot be turned off.

Sorry for my questions but I'm a newbie postgresql user.

Real data are only in pgsql/data/base ?
Does postmaster open these files in read-write mode ?

What is defined as "log file" is in pgsql/data/pg_xlog ?
Here I have the biggest files and if these ones are only logs I could turning off them.
Please, can you give me any direction how to do it, or how to redirect them to
/dev/null ?

I don't care about turning off pc_clog, can put it in ramdisk.

Thanks

Lucio

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to [EMAIL PROTECTED])

--
Greg Spiegelberg
 Sr. Product Development Engineer