Tom Lane wrote:

Gaetano Mendola <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

using Postgres 7.4.2 I'm seeing in my log
file thousand of line with "CONTEXT:  "

Any particular context?

No just mine own:

LOG: statement: select sp_id_admin();
LOG: statement: SELECT id_admin FROM administrators WHERE user_name = current_user
CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function "sp_id_admin" line 4 at select into variables
LOG: statement: SELECT NOT $1
CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function "sp_id_admin" line 8 at if
LOG: statement: SELECT $1

so for each select INTO inside my functions I have a CONTECT line

and I'm seeing that the CONTEXT disappear only with:
log_min_messages = fatal

Perhaps log_error_verbosity is what you want to play with.

Yes you're right ( like always ) with

log_error_verbosity = terse

the CONTEXT line disappeared.

Regards Gaetano Mendola