Richard Colman wrote:
> How would I set up a new user on PostgreSQL so that the new user is
> limited to reading a particular view, and can do nothing else.

A new user normally can't do anything.  Just grant the privileges on the
view to him.  You may also want to revoke all permissions on databases
and schemas, some of which are set to allow everything by default.  The
GRANT manual page contains more information and pointers.

      joining column's datatypes do not match