I just discovered that the use of a much larger setting on vacuum_mem has a joyous effect on the throughput of VACUUM FULL for some of our tables. However, all of my maintenance scripts use "vacuumdb" (the command-line utility) instead of psql. How can I set vacuum_mem for the duration of the vacuumdb command's execution?

--
Jeff Boes                                      vox 269.226.9550 ext 24
Database Engineer                                     fax 269.349.9076