Negyesi Karoly wrote:

Welcome,

I am planning to do a linux-ha cluster. Is replication applicable in a
solution like this? The main questions are that after the main node
fails and the slave node becomes the master:

-- a postmaster, started as slave, will be able to work standalone?
-- after repairing the main node, it will become the slave node, so the
aforementioned postmaster shall become master. Is this possible?

Thanks

Karoly Negyei

Yes you can, you have to define a service with a IP address, so when the service postgres is relocated in the passive node also the IP is migrated.

And you have also to develop a scripts that linux-ha cluster will use
in order to know if the service is working.

We adopted this solution with the help of a SAN attached with fiber
channell (this assure us that only one node can be attached to
the common storage) and all is working fine.

Regards Gaetano Mendola

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings