/usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql -d template1 < /home/inpreet/postgres.sql

Sir I have some table values which are of type timestamp and those columns
have values like
""2004-10-09 10:03:36.689993"". So is it possible that when I am restoring
values this columns are creating all sort of trouble??? as timestamp field
means date time at the time of insertion of record and I am trying to insert
earlier date time.

Regards
Inpreet Singh

----- Original Message ----- From: "Luis Sousa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Inpreet Singh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 3:38 PM
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Restore postgres database problem

Which options did you use to dump data?
And which options did you use to restore it?
Please submit the command lines used.

Luis Sousa

Inpreet Singh wrote:

Hello,
I am using postgres 7.3.4. I am trying to restore database dump using
psql command but getting following error.

*Taken Dump :*   /usr/bin/pg_dumpall > /home/inpreet/postgres.sql
*Restoring Dump :*   su - postgres
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql -d template1 < /home/inpreet/postgres.sql

but getting error
ERROR:  copy: line 32, Bad date external representation '\N
lost synchronization with server, resetting connection

Please tell me which way to go.

Thanks a*n*d Regards
*Inpreet Singh*

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 5: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?