Hi,

I have the wonderful job of re-synch'ing all the schemas out there not
conforming to the master. I've looked everywhere for something that will help doing this. I'm specifically looking for a way to do a sumcheck
or something similar on tables and/or schema as a whole to be able to
do a table comparison with the master database.

It will be a bonus to pick up exactly what is missing, but for now, just identifying differences is what I want to achieve. I'm using postgres 7.3 mostly, but
I may want to use this for 7.4 and 8.0 databases as well.

Has anybody got some suggestions of what I can do or use to do this.

I've made a simple PHP script which compares the schemas of two databases. It was made in a hurry and is far from being complete, but it works for my purposes :)

If you want give it a try, let me know

Best regards -- Matteo Beccati http://phpadsnew.com http://phppgads.com

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend