Marc G. Fournier wrote:

I know ppl are using it to do replication, but has anyone documented what is involved in doing so?

thanks ...
We use linux HA and linux DRBD (~RAID1 mirror between disks across a LAN) to provide a similar replication mechanism that runs "underneath" the database rather than PITR between the database servers.

I see a lot of interest on this list for the WAL copying solution, and I am wondering if that is because people have discounted a DRBD solution or that it has been overlooked?

Thanks,
Robin

      match