On Fri, 19 May 2006, Simon Riggs wrote:

Now I can run my same pg_bench, or do you guys
have any other suggestions on attempting to reproduce the problem?

No. We're back on track to try to reproduce the original error.

I've been futzing with trying to reproduce the original problem for a few days and so far postgres seems to be just fine with a long delay on archiving, so now I'm rather at a loss. In fact, I currently have 1,234 xlog files in pg_xlog, but the archiver is happily archiving one every 5 minutes. Perhaps I'll try a long delay followed by a failure to see if that could be it.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Frost Consulting, LLC   http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/