On Fri, 7 Jul 2006, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:

periodically (every 5 minutes) i do:
select sum(xact_commit) + sum(xact_rollback) from pg_stat_database
and then just check against previous value, and calculate "per/second". this
is actually handled nicely by mrtg itself.

Hubert,

Do you already have a MRTG plugin for postgres that you've written and if so, care to share it with the rest of us? Or better yet, share it with the mrtg.org folks? I was thinking of writing one, but if you have one already, I hate to reinvent the wheel.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Frost Consulting, LLC   http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/