On Jan 2, 2008 9:04 AM, Mark Steben <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Postgres admin team,
>
> We are upgrading from Postgres 7.4.5 to 8.2.5 in mid January.  We are also
> adding new disks
>
> As we go.  I am investigating using the new tablespace facility to move our
> biggest and most accessed

I think my decision would be driven pretty strongly by what type of
RAID controller (if any) and whether it had battery backed cache
etc...

Often, with a good controller with bbu cache, you're best off putting
all your disks into one big RAID-10 and letting the RAID controller
sort it out.

For monitoring IO, use iostat and / or vmstat.

       match