Hi,

        I have a single Postgres server which will be hosting multiple
databases belonging to different users. What would be the recommendation to
limit the size of each of the databases?

I've considered creating a tablespace in a directory owned by the user , so I
can use Linux quotas to prevent higher disk usage , but this turned out be a
bad thought, as all the files are anyway owned by the postgres user and so disk
quotas won't have any effect.

Now I'm contemplating having a cron job which checks the size of each
tablespace belonging to a user and somehow informing the admin about db's
getting over the threshold size.

Is there anyone who has tried a better  way to limit the db sizes ?

cheers

/Dev