There are a couple of ways. Assuming that it's the same database, and it's up
and running, you could do this:

Assuming:
table foo (col1 text, col2 int);
table bar (col2 text, col3 int);

insert into bar (select * from foo);

would stick everything from foo.col1 and foo.col2 into bar.col2 and bar.col3
respectively.

Using pg_dump, you could dump just the table:
pg_dump -t foo mydatabase

and edit the CREATE TABLE statement.

Hi All,

Is there an easy way to restore to a new table where the column name
have been changed but data remains the same?
For example I am trying to restore from existing system, table1(col1)
to table1(col2) and it is erroring out on the new column name even
though it is a data only restore. I was just wondering if there is a
quick way to bypass this. Let me know.

Thanks.

Dinesh