Joe Carr wrote on 19.10.2010 00:55:
Hi Thomas, Thanks for your reply. pg_ctrl has given me some more
information, but I'm not quite there yet.

I have verified that the postgres user has "full control" access to
the data directory.

When I take the commandline from the service definition and execute
it, I get the following:

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.0\bin>"C:/Program
Files/PostgreSQL/9.0/bin/pg_ctl.exe" runservice -N "postgresql-9.0"
-D "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.0/data" -w

pg_ctl: could not start service "postgresql-9.0": error code 1063

So, if I replace "runservice" with "start", the server starts without issue :

and this will work whether I'm logged in as "postgres" or under my
user account. Additionally, the \data\pg_log directory is being
filled with logging information, indicating (I believe), that
permissions are set correctly.

But, the service will not start from the service control manager, or
pgAdmin3 (which I imagine attempts to start the service in the same
manner).

So, I think it's very close at this point. Thanks again beforehand!

Are you sure the service is started under the postgres account?
Is the password given there correct?

Regards
Thomas