On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 1:21 AM, Gnanakumar <gna...@zoniac.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Our application requirement demands archiving of records, so that
> performance/speed of the application is not compromised.  So, am looking
> out/evaluating on various techniques/solutions available for database
> archiving, in general, for PostgreSQL.

Your question isn't specific enough.  What does "not compromised" mean?
Every technique for archiving records has some impact on some part of your
system.  Is a 0.1% impact too much?  A 1% impact?  A 10% impact?  A factor
of 2 slowdown?

Do you need real-time archiving, a few minutes delay, or once a month
backup?

Do you need a hot standby or records that can be retrieved in a few hours?

You have to describe your needs completely before you can get a meaningful
answer.

Craig