You probably have a service with overarching control over PostgreSQL. Gonna
depend on how you installed PostgreSQL, which distro you've installed, etc...

----- Original Message -----
From: Rodrigo Barboza <rodrigombu...@gmail.com>
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Sent: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 21:35:08 -0000 (UTC)
Subject: [ADMIN] postmaster is restarting

Hi, guys.I am using the script that comes with postgres installation to start
and stop my database.When I stop the database, it restarts after some minutes.I
have looked through every path and I don't find who starts it again.I am using
Linux.Is there some kind of signaling to for it to restart? Does anybody have
any tips where to find it?