On 2023-07-02 Su 20:30, Tom Lane wrote:
Michael Paquier<mich...@paquier.xyz>  writes:
koel has failed its indent step after these commits.  I am unsure
whether you need to fix this as it does not seem that we have a
consensus to automate that, just FYI.
Well, *somebody* has to fix it, otherwise why did we set up the animal?
But the impression I had was that a majority of committers want to
start keeping the tree pgindent-clean.

I think we need to spell out expectations more clearly. Here's what I said to Tomas in a private message:

   I think the expectation is that, while there might be cases where
   you want to make some commits and then indent afterwards, so the
   changes are clear, for most cases you should try to commit
   pre-indented patches.

But that's just my opinion. I think we need to spell it out more formally.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan