On 5 March 2014 06:33, Stephen Frost <sfr...@snowman.net> wrote:

> Fix issues with pg_ctl
>
> The new, small, free_readfile managed to have bug in it which could
> cause it to try and free something it shouldn't, and fix the case
> where it was being called with an invalid pointer leading to a
> segfault.
>
> Noted by Bruce, issues introduced and fixed by me.

Yeah, this has fixed the segfaults, thanks.

Now I get an issue when restarting my cluster, but not when I stop and
start:

thom@swift ~/dbtest $ pg_ctl stop -D primary
waiting for server to shut down.... done
server stopped
thom@swift ~/dbtest $ pg_ctl start -D primary
server starting
thom@swift ~/dbtest $ 2014-03-05 11:46:21.963 GMT -  - LOG:  redirecting
log output to logging collector process
2014-03-05 11:46:21.963 GMT -  - HINT:  Future log output will appear in
directory "pg_log".

thom@swift ~/dbtest $ pg_ctl restart -D primary
thom@swift ~/dbtest $ sh: 1: ���: not found

--