Not only did it not accept --builtin as a synonym for -b, but what it did
accept as a synonym was --tpc-b (huh?), which it got even further wrong
by marking as no_argument, so that if you did try that you got a core
dump.  I suppose this is leftover from some early design for the new
switches added by commit 8bea3d221, but it's still pretty sloppy work.

Argh, shame on me. I think at some point --tpc-b was an alias for the default script which then got replaced by builtin + name, but the implementation did not follow the upgrade:-( Sorry for the result.

--
Fabien.