I quite like this suggestion, so I’ve changed the patch to do this.  Removed
the doc: in the commit message to indicate that this is no longer just touching
documentation.

About v2: applies cleanly, compiles, make check and doc gen ok.

However, the documentation does not look right, field comments are not aligned. Do not use tabs in the sgml file, use spaces only, otherwise the display layout is left to chance.

Of course, that was me fat-fingering. Fixed in the attached v3. Thanks for reviewing!

V3 fixes the html display alignment issue. Patch marked as ready.

--
Fabien.