On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 12:18 AM Jürgen Purtz <juer...@purtz.de> wrote:

> > Why?
>
> Because it can hinder the learning process.

FWIW I'd at least fixup comment.sgml to reference a current type.  And
while in there might as well add missing examples for the following since
we seem to have a goal of providing one example for every syntax (operators
get two in order to show NONE, rightarg).

  EVENT TRIGGER object_name |
  PUBLICATION object_name |
  SUBSCRIPTION object_name |
  ROUTINE routine_name [ ( [ [ argmode ] [ argname ] argtype [, ...] ] ) ]

Such a "make current" patch that covers this complaint seems reasonable;
IOW, why not if you are in there anyway - rtree has some baggage and no
particular merit such that a different label would be worse.

I don't see the value of removing the backward compatibility hack if it's
not bothering the developers.  Whether the documentation should be changed
to basically only cover this and nothing more I cannot say without studying
said documentation.  I agree with the general motive though.

David J.