"David G. Johnston" <david.g.johns...@gmail.com> writes:
> On Monday, July 29, 2024, PG Doc comments form <nore...@postgresql.org>
> wrote:
>> In the Synopsis section of
>> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-alterdomain.html
>> this is incorrect (incomplete):
>> "ALTER DOMAIN name ADD domain_constraint [ NOT VALID ]"
>> It should be
>> "ALTER DOMAIN name ADD CONSTRAINT domain_constraint [ NOT VALID ]"

> The definition of “domain_constraint” includes the optional “constraint
> constraint_name” clause.  Though reading the page and seeing the number of
> times we say “alter domain add constraint” I even more inclined to agree
> that bringing the word constraint there is desirable.  I am not a huge fan
> of the indirect syntax references anyway.

I think the page is technically correct, but I'm inclined to duplicate
this text from the CREATE DOMAIN page:

        where domain_constraint is:

        [ CONSTRAINT constraint_name ]
        { NOT NULL | NULL | CHECK (expression) }

rather than making readers go look that up.  Is that the same thing
you're thinking, or did you have a different idea?

                        regards, tom lane