Thanks for the update Francisco. I had one more query:
In Oracle the syntax for calling a stored procedure is
   Session sess = (Session) entityManager.getDelegate();
sess.createSQLQuery("{ call reset() }").executeUpdate();

Can you please let me know if the below equivalent for postgres is correct?
   Session sess = (Session) entityManager.getDelegate();
sess.createSQLQuery("select reset()");

Regards,
Vinodh