> On 04/06/2018 04:29 PM, Alexandre Arruda wrote:
> > <mailto:tomas.von...@2ndquadrant.com>>:
> >

> >     On 04/06/2018 02:09 AM, Alexandre Arruda wrote:
> >     > Hi,
> >     >
> >     > Some time ago, I had this errors frequently showed in logs after
> some
> >     > autovacuum in some tables(pg 9.6). VACUUM FULL or CLUSTER in this
> tables
> >     > show the same and not complete the tasks (showed by some table
> bloat
> >     > select).
> >     > Then, I did a full dump/restore into a new version (10.2) and
> everything
> >     > is ok for a couple of months. Now, I have errors like this again:
> >     >
> >     > db1=# cluster pc44t;
> >     >
> >     > ERROR:  found multixact 134100944 from before relminmxid 192042633
> >     >
> >     >
> >     >
> >     > Like before, the only way to make the errors to desapear is by
> >     > dump/reload the whole table.
> >     >
> >     >
> >     > Thanks for any help.
> >     >

> >     That's going to be hard, unless you still have the cluster around.
> >
> >     This surely seems like some sort of data corruption issue, but
> without
> >     being able to inspect the data pages it's nearly impossible to
> determine
> >     what went wrong.
> >
> >     We'd also need more information about what happened to the hardware
> and
> >     cluster before the issues started to appear - crashes, hardware
> issues.
> >     And so on.
> >
> >     regards
> >
> >     --
> >     Tomas Vondra                  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com
> >     PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Remote DBA, Training & Services
> >

> > Hi Tomas,
> > The old cluster are gone, unfortunatly.
> >
> > This server is a 128GB ECC RAM with a dual redundant hba fiber channel
> > connect to a sotorage with Raid 6 and I don't have (apparently) any
> > errors reported.
> > Yesterday I did a test with one table:  some sum aggragates, count(*),
> > etc, then dump/reload and repeat the tests the results (of querys) are
> > the same, regarding the vacuum problem
> > thats disapeared.
> >

> I'm not sure I understand correctly. So you can reproduce the issue? If
> yes, how can you share the scripts/data you use (and how large is it)?
> If we could reproduce it locally, it would make the investigation much
> easier.
>
> BTW you mentioned you're using PostgreSQL 9.6 - which minor version,
> specifically?
>

> regards

Hi Tomas,

No, I can't reproduce. What I did is a simple way to "validate" the current
table data to see if a dump/reload
preserve them. Old postgresql was 9.6.5. The problem returns now in new
10.3 installation.

There is a way to correct this tables without a dump/reload ?

I'm thinking to reinstall cluster doing a initdb --data-checksums, but I'm
affraid about a severe performance impact.

Best regards,

Alexandre