> [T]he
main goal is to ensure that if someone is being harassed by a community
member, they have an appropriate avenue to safely report it and ensure
the CoC committee will review

To be honest, this is a bigger problem. Why would someone not feel comfortable
contacting the core team? Why would they feel better contacting the CoC board
who is probably mostly core team or otherwise self-selected community members
who have a strong belief in the CoC (and I don't mean that kindly)?

Jim