On 06/06/2018 02:00 PM, Jerry Sievers wrote:
Adrian Klaver <adrian.kla...@aklaver.com> writes:

On 06/06/2018 08:54 AM, Jerry Sievers wrote:

Adrian Klaver <adrian.kla...@aklaver.com> writes:

Yep thanks... but IMO something that simply exposes whatever internal
registry of temp schemas/PIDs (which I presume must exist) to DBA SQL
avoids any perhaps unreliable hackery such as having to scrape query
text from pg_stat_activity or similar.

To wit; A long standing session might have any number of temp objects
existing for which records of same in the aforementioned views has long
since been overwritten.

True assuming there is no activity against the objects or no open
transactions.

So what you interested in:

1) What created a temporary object?

Yes.  Which *session*.

Alright, finally got it through my thick skull:) I was fixated on the statement that created the table.

Thx

2) Temporary objects that are the playing at being permanent objects?

3) Both of the above?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.kla...@aklaver.com