On 08/12/2018 03:54 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
Greetings,

* Phil Endecott (spam_from_pgsql_li...@chezphil.org) wrote:
OK.  I think this is perhaps a documentation bug, maybe a missing
warning when the master reads its configuration, and maybe (as you say)
a bad default value.

If we consider it to be an issue worthy of a change then we should
probably just change the default value, and maybe not even allow it to
be set lower than '1'.

I would say leave the default at 0 as it leaves no doubt that you are performing without a net. A setting of '1' implies you are covered and for a fast moving cluster or slow moving one with sufficient downtime that would not be the case. Better to let the end user know this is not a simple problem and some thought needs to go into configuration.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.kla...@aklaver.com