On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 6:34 AM Gabriel Furstenheim Milerud <
furstenh...@gmail.com> wrote:

Maybe that is not possible with numbers? To say in a format something like
> "my numbers have comma as decimal separator and no thousands separators" or
> "my numbers are point separated and have comma as thousands separator"

Would stripping out the thousand separator, and leaving in the decimal
separator work?

SELECT replace('9,000.34',',','')::numeric;
 replace
---------
 9000.34

If so, then (conceptually) does this work?

SELECT replace(

  replace(my_numeric_string, user_thousand_sep, ''),

  user_decimal_sep, system_decimal_sep

)::numeric

Or maybe I'm missing something about this!

Cheers,

Ken

--
AGENCY Software