Hi.  I recently installed PG 11.2 on Centos 7, following the excellent
directions at https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/.

I wanted to enable data-checksums.  I at first tried appending
--data-checksums to the doc-specified command:

/usr/pgsql-11/bin/postgresql-11-setup initdb --data-checksums

but that did not work.  After a glance at that script, I was able to do it
with:

export PGSETUP_INITDB_OPTIONS="--data-checksums"
/usr/pgsql-11/bin/postgresql-11-setup initdb

I'm just wondering if there is a more preferred way to do this, and/or any
particular reason you can't pass options to initdb?  Also, since the
checksums are good for data integrity, and can only be done at init time, I
wonder if it's worth adding a note about it to that documentation page?

Thanks.

Ken

--
AGENCY Software