Apologies if this isn’t the right place for this.

I have created a helper daemon “jpigd”, FastCGI JSON Postgresql Gateway

A tool to aid the elimination of CGI scripts on web servers and moving all the
business functionality into the database server along with the rest the
business storage logic.

It is a fast-cgi handler that simply calls an SQL function with POST data as
the first parameter and JSON encoded version of the CGI environment as the
second parameter.

A more thorough description can be found in the project README at

        https://gitlab.quatermass.co.uk/toolsmith/jpigd/blob/master/README.md
<https://gitlab.quatermass.co.uk/toolsmith/jpigd/blob/master/README.md>

The idea being that there is a whole class of applications that are primarily
database interaction only and where traditional middleware (php/perl/java/node)
is redundant.

At this point I’m just looking for thoughts, comments, suggestions, possible
sample apps (or suggestions for same), help with documenting the locked-down
user approach.

Thank you in advance for any feedback you can give.

—
Bernard Quatermass - The Toolsmith.