On 8/15/19 1:56 PM, stan wrote:
I need to put a few bossiness constants, such as a labor rate multiplier in an
application. I am adverse to hard coding these things. The best plan i have
come up with so far is to store them in a table, which would have only 1
row, and a column for each needed constant.

Anyone have a better way to do this?

Another way(better in eye of beholder) a conf file that can be written to.

Failing a better way is there some way I can limit this table to only allow
one row to exist?

Yes add the row and REVOKE INSERT afterwards. Then you have a single row that can be updated/deleted(though you could revoke that also).

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.kla...@aklaver.com