On 10/7/19 12:41 AM, Arnaud L. wrote:
Le 04/10/2019 à 19:08, Adrian Klaver a écrit :
On 10/4/19 12:19 AM, Arnaud L. wrote:
OK I can do that. I thought I nailed it down to this line because it started failing when this line was ~5th in the script, and it kept failing on that very same line after I moved it at the very end of the script (that's where it is now).

Which tends to point to it as the problem. The question is whether it
exhibits that behavior on its own or only when in combination with the
other commands.

Yes. It ran fine this last night. I had moved the line back to its original place, so now everything is exactly like it was before it started showing this behaviour.

So you are saying that you have not run the problematic line by itself?

So, still apparently random...
Yeah not sure how that is supposed to work:

[...]
production_(postgres)# \copy (select * from cell_per) TO STDOUT \g
'cell.txt'
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "\"
LINE 1: COPY  ( select * from cell_per ) TO STDOUT \g 'cell.txt'

This works with real SQL commands, so it should be "COPY" here, not "\copy".

I was not paying attention, thanks for the heads up.

Regards
--
Arnaud

--