On 1/26/20 10:56 PM, Andrus wrote:
Hi!

3. Manually edit role definitions to delete role postgres since it exists
in new server.
No need, it will throw a harmless error message and continue on.

By my knowledge, pgAdmin executes script in single transaction and rolls it
back on error.
Should psql used or is there some option in pgadmin.

There are options on pgAdmin:
https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/4.17/restore_dialog.html
See:

Single transaction
Exit on error

Can't remember if you are taking a custom format backup or plain text. If plain text you can use psql. If custom then will need to use pg_restore.

To repeat transfer after testing:

1. Delete restored databases.
2. Delete imported roles in new server
That will probaly not end well. I'm guessing there are objects that have a
dependency on the the roles.

If imported databases are dropped before, there will be hopefully no
dependencies.

Roles are global, dependencies can be local to a database. The issue is if objects in a restored database depend on roles that no longer exist in the global context.

Andrus.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.kla...@aklaver.com