From: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming <c...@teo-en-ming.com>

> Is PostgreSQL SQL database command syntax similar to MySQL/MariaDB?

If you stuck to "standard SQL" in Mysql, you'll generally be fine; the
differences will be pretty minor. The further you strayed from the standard
will cause you more work -- usually. That being said, moving for any DB to
another will always cause you to find DB-specific things. Of course, there are
always a few things that can only be done with DB-specific code, so you'll be
rewriting those parts with certainty (an example is the insert-or-update
concept).

[Side note: I forced myself to read a good part of the SQL standard some time
back and was amazed by how many times the phrase "implementation defined" was
used, which helps to explain why all the DBs do some things so differently.]

The admin commands are quite different as well, be prepared for that, but I
can't think of anything that Mysql can do that Pg can't as well. (Although it's
been awhile since I had to use Mysql, so I may have forgotten something.)

Last but not least, please remember that all of those "unusual" things you had
to do to get Mysql to work, or work around its bugs, won't be needed and will
more than likely get in your way with Postgresql. I'm not saying the Pg is
perfect, but that Mysql's bugs and oddities don't apply to Pg.

Good luck with your conversion and welcome to Pg!
Kevin
This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages
attached to it, may contain confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, review,
copy or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this message
is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please
immediately notify us by reply e-mail, and destroy the original transmission
and its attachments without reading them or saving them to disk. Thank you.