På torsdag 28. mai 2020 kl. 14:50:54, skrev Geoff Winkless <pgsqlad...@geoff.dj
 <mailto:pgsqlad...@geoff.dj>>:
On Thu, 28 May 2020 at 13:14, Andreas Joseph Krogh <andr...@visena.com> wrote:
 > This works:
 > select p.firstname, p.lastname, p.firstname || p.lastname as fullname from
onp_crm_person p order by fullname;

 > But this doesn't:
 > select p.firstname, p.lastname, p.firstname || p.lastname as fullname from
onp_crm_person p order by lower(fullname);
 > ERROR: column "fullname" does not exist
 > LINE 1: ... as fullname from onp_crm_person p order by lower(fullname);

 Wrap the original query in either a CTE or a temporary table.
 eg
 [..]

Yea, I was hoping to avoid that, as the query is generated and rewriting it is
a pain...

Is there a way to define "sorting-rules" on custom-types so that I can have
ORDER BY <my_array_of_custom_types_alias> and PG will pick my custom odering?

--
 Andreas Joseph Krogh