On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 5:21 PM Martin Mueller <
martinmuel...@northwestern.edu> wrote:

> On the topic of what other databases do better: I much prefer Postgres to
> Mysql because it has better string functions and better as well as very
> courteous error messages.

Martin, I definitely sympathize.  The company I used to work for before I
retired (and still advise) is moving from the in-house membership system I
built for them over the last 20 years to CIVI-CRM, which is MySQL based.
We used MySQL on our Joomla-based website and I've been doing some work in
WordPress, so I've got some familiarity with MySQL(more than I used to
have), but it still drives me nuts at times!
--
Mike Nolan