Also of note: PostgreSQL already has a money type (
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/datatype-money.html)
But you shouldn't use it (
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Don%27t_Do_This#Don.27t_use_money).

I only bring it up so that you can know to make your money type a slightly
different name to avoid a conflict. Money is deceptively hard to implement
correctly. I'd recommend reading the second link if you have not already to
avoid previously known issues.