Some time ago the database at my work suddenly stopped accepting connections.
In the logs there was a message "the database system was interrupted; last
known up at 2020-10-29 12:03:16 PDT", followed by a lot of "the database system
is starting up" messages. It seems like the database tried to recover from
whatever failure occurred but recovery was not successful until the database
process was shut down and restarted. The latest error message before "system
was interrupted" occurs 13 minutes before so it's not clear to us what could
cause this issue and why the database process had to be restarted. If anyone
could help us understand what might've been the cause, we would greatly
appreciate it. We're using PostgreSQL 9.4 on CentOS 6.8, we know it reached EOL
and plan to upgrade to a newer version soon. I've also attached the log file
from the time the database system was unavailable if it helps to figure out the
cause of the outage

Thanks,
Yuriy Buzenets