> Also may I know if excessive use of temporary tables may cause locks?
>>

> Usually there are no problems with locks, but there is a problem with
> system tables bloating. Creating and dropping temp tables is expensive like
> creating or dropping normal tables.

Dropping a real table requires scanning all of shared_buffers, right? I
wouldn't think dropping a temp table requires that kind of heavy operation
because it should be stored within separate temp_buffers.

Against other databases, there can be used arrays instead temporary tables.
> This is significantly more effective.

Can you expand on this point? What do you mean? Like using a values
statement rather than temp table? I find that I often need to create a temp
table and analyze it to allow the planner to make wise decisions.