Hi Laurenz,

> On 14. Jan, 2021, at 04:59, Laurenz Albe <laurenz.a...@cybertec.at> wrote:
>
> If PostgreSQL were to store the original text, either that text would become
> wrong, or you would have to forbid renaming of anything that is referenced
> by a view.

this is why views, procedures, functions and packages can become invalid in
Oracle, which I really hate because as a DBA, it's almost impossible to quickly
see (or in fact see at all) why this happens, or having to debug applications
that you don't know and/or can't fix anyway. Oracle's invalid object concept
doesn't make sense.

So, I'm not at all in favor of saving the original statement text.

Cheers,
Paul