On Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 2:01 PM David Gauthier <davegauthie...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Joe.  I think the nonweekendhours solution should be good enough
> for what I need.
>
> Yes, holidays too would be the best.  But for practical purposes,
> excluding Sat&Sun is good enough for this particular problem.

I've solved this in the past with a time dimension table that includes
columns labeling weekends and holidays.  Then I can query for the count of
intervals (for whatever interval size my time dimension uses) in the date
range joined to time_dimension where weekday is true and holiday is false,
and multiply the count by the number of hours in an interval.