On Tuesday, September 21, 2021, Peter J. Holzer <hjp-pg...@hjp.at> wrote:

> These two values are completely indistinguishable. That's good for a
> timestamp (they are the same time after all). But they are not a
> "timestamp with time zone". The time zone is not part of the value but
> of the environment.

No, it’s inherent to the data type itself.  The data type has an implied
time zone of UTC.  That is a reasonable definition of “with” in my book.
If I see “20:05” I need to know the type of data to know whether its a time
or interval - values without types are incomplete.  i.e., the type can
supply relevant context, like a reference time zone.

David J.