På søndag 03. oktober 2021 kl. 10:49:49, skrev Thomas Kellerer <sham...@gmx.net
 <mailto:sham...@gmx.net>>:
FOUTE K. Jaurès schrieb am 03.10.2021 um 09:48:
 > I want to order tables based on the foreign key so that I can delete
 > tables one by one without facing "ERROR: update or delete on table
 > "table" violates foreign key constraint. DETAIL: Key is still
 > referenced from table"

 You can create the foreign key constraints with the "ON DELETE CASCADE"
option.
 Then Postgres will handle dependencies automatically for you.

 But that means that *all* DELETEs will be cascaded.

 Unfortunately, there is no DELETE FROM ... CASCADE option (similar to DROP)

There is TRUNCATE ... CASCADE
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/sql-truncate.html

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh