On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 7:21 AM <to...@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> Makes sense. Problem is, that, again, the application would be
> responsible of making sure the individual values don't contain nasty
> stuff (for example, if they are strings) before consolidating them to
> one PostgreSQL array literal.

So long as you actually pass the literal value via a parameter the worst
problem you can have is a syntax error in converting the literal into
whatever type is being cast to.

I personally tend to just build up a CSV-like string (my data is usually
controlled enough the using the pipe symbol as a separator
alleviates escaping concerns) and using string_to_array($1,'|') to get the
array of values into the query.

David J.