On Wed, Apr 20, 2022 at 10:45 AM Bryn Llewellyn <b...@yugabyte.com> wrote:

> > t...@sss.pgh.pa.us wrote:
> >

> > In any case, Bryn's right, the combination of a SET clause and a
> PARALLEL clause is implemented incorrectly in AlterFunction.
>
> I'm taking what I've read in the responses to mean that the testcase I
> showed is considered to be evidence of a bug (i.e. there are no semantic
> restrictions) and that fix(es) are under consideration.

The test case was good.  I made an uninformed assumption that proved to be
untrue.

The patch was written and applied yesterday, at Tom's "Yeah, I arrived at
the same fix." email.

https://github.com/postgres/postgres/commit/344a225cb9d42f20df063e4d0e0d4559c5de7910

(I haven't figured out what the official way to reference a commit is, I
use the GitHub clone for research so there ya go).

David J.