Hi Adrian

Thanks for your reply,

My actual db size was 320G while I am taking custom format and moving into
directly S3 it took more than one day so I am trying to use directory
format because  parllel option (-j option) supports ik directory format.

What is size of table?

I m having two Database example

01. Cricket 320G
02.badminton 250G

What sort of time interval are you seeing?

I am doing purge data to keep 1 year data n db more than year data I am
going yo take dump backup for future reports purpose.

What problem is it causing?

The normal custom format backup took more than day

On Tue, 26 Jul, 2022, 20:34 Adrian Klaver, <adrian.kla...@aklaver.com>
wrote:

> On 7/26/22 06:27, Rama Krishnan wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > How to take a table backup using directory format?
>
> pg_dump -d <some_db> -U <some_user>  -t <the_table> -Fd -f <new_dir>
>
> > I am having huge size of table when I am using a pg_dump it tooks more
> > time kindly suggest me
>
> Not sure what the above means, so:
>
> What is size of table?
>
> What sort of time interval are you seeing?
>
> What problem is it causing?
>
> --
> Adrian Klaver
> adrian.kla...@aklaver.com