Hello.

I have been using UUID for quite a long time now. The reason I began to use
UUID was the need to be able to move data between
databases and the need to create record outside the database. You should use
UUID as a primary key for a record and also have
some bookkeeping UUID:s in the record like "origin" of the record. In this way it is
"easy" to handle different sources of
data.

We have also written some nice replicating software on this basis (postsync)
that can check for alterations in one database
and update others. In this way we can keep one or many replicas of databases.

So forget about performance issues (there will ALWAYS be need for faster
systems). The ease and functionality with UUID
is so mutch better. Sequence keys are a terrible idea!

// GH