Meera Nair <mn...@commvault.com> writes:
> We tried pg_dump write to a pipe with compressed format and faced issue as in
> thread referred here.
> It was on windows client and for postgres 9.2 version. So during pg_restore,
> seek error was seen.

Are you really using PG 9.2.something?  If not, then what?

The problem here probably is that pg_restore is failing to detect
that the pipe input file is not seekable.  We've had repeated rounds
of fixes to try to detect that reliably on Windows.  I think it works
if you are running a current PG release (something shipped in the last
six months), but maybe not with older ones.

                        regards, tom lane